Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CSI in my vinyl IG pool

1. Back To Top    #1

CSI in my vinyl IG pool

So, I ran the full gamut of tests today and was pleased with my numbers, however I became concerned about a number that I noticed in Pool Math. When I input all my numbers, the CSI shows -0.94. That seems really low, but I am not sure if it is anything to be concerned with.

Here are my numbers
    PH 7.2
    FC 5.4
    CC .2
    CYA 80
    CH 100
    Salt 2800
    TA 100

I am using a SWG, so that is why my CYA is high.
    18ftx36ft 20k gal inground vinyl liner pool. 5ft 6in deep end, 3ft 4in shallow end. 1 1/2 hp Valterra pool pump (to be replaced next season). Valterra 24inch Sand Filter. k-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CSI in my vinyl IG pool

Nope, nothing to be concerned about at all with that vinyl pool. Low CH is only a concern with pools that have calcium in their shell (i.e. plaster). You're looking good. Have a nice weekend.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Just FYI. You can use a 10ml water sample for FC/CC and then just multiply your drop count by 0.5, or divide by 2.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by MarianParoo View Post
    Just FYI. You can use a 10ml water sample for FC/CC and then just multiply your drop count by 0.5, or divide by 2.
    I normally do the 10ml sample, but on occasion I like to do the 25ml sample just to get a little more precise number.
    18ftx36ft 20k gal inground vinyl liner pool. 5ft 6in deep end, 3ft 4in shallow end. 1 1/2 hp Valterra pool pump (to be replaced next season). Valterra 24inch Sand Filter. k-2006 test kit