Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water level at closing with Loop loc mesh cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Water level at closing with Loop loc mesh cover

Got pool closed yesterday. My PB didn't lower the water level. It is still in the mid of skimmer box. He told me he needs to make sure the first stair is covered by water. Make sense to me

My question is if I have to do sth over the winter, such as draining the water. Currently the water is maybe 6-7 in below the top of pool. I bet we will have more rain than that during the winter and spring.

Thanks.
    Massachusetts
    Vinyl Salt Pool 2011; IC40 SWG; Raypark gas heater; Sta-Rite Dynapro pump; Sta-Rite System 3 Filter S7M120; Pool size: app 25000 Ga
    first time pool owner. First year too.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water level at closing with Loop loc mesh cover

If the cover is mesh or has a mesh panel, you will need to drain the pool water when it gets too high. No different than if the pool was uncovered, if it gets too full, drain some out,

If the cover is solid, you will need to drain water off of the cover. Too much water on it will pull the straps very tight and could cause them to fail.

My cover instructions require the water level to be 10" (I think it is 10, might be 12) below the top as a maximum because the cover floats on the water.
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

3. Back To Top    #3

I know it is too late. But I have read a bunch of articles saying you have to lower the water level several inches below skimmer. My PB insisted you don't need that at all. He didn't do it. I started to worry that the water level should be lowered.
    Massachusetts
    Vinyl Salt Pool 2011; IC40 SWG; Raypark gas heater; Sta-Rite Dynapro pump; Sta-Rite System 3 Filter S7M120; Pool size: app 25000 Ga
    first time pool owner. First year too.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

You could purchase a pump with a hose that can be inserted in the skimmer and probably in the pool until you reach the water level desired. Outside of this, you will have to peel back the cover by the steps and use a pump to lower the water.

BTW, the reason the water level was not lowered is because the PB does not have time to waste. If using a PB to close your pool, always lower your water first before they get there.
    14,700 gallons IG Pool Vinyl Liner - Octal Circulation System
    Hayward Pro-Series 350 LB. Sand Filter Model # S270T - 2" Plumping
    Hayward CL2002 Chlorinator - Hayward Super Pump 2 HP Model # k48m2n111
    Hayward AQR9 SWG 25K Salt Cell & TF-100 Test Kit + Speed Stir
    Gulfstream HE125RA - 117K BTU Heat Pump - Date of Build is 11-2013