Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any suggestions on how to secure winter cover to this pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any suggestions on how to secure winter cover to this pool?

Hello, I'm a first-year pool owner. When we were building the deck around this pool, I hadn't put sufficient thought into how I was going to secure the winter cover. I have a few ideas but I'd like some suggestions as well. I considered weaving the cable over and under the deck boards but was afraid I then couldn't draw it tight enough. Or possibly use water bags around the upper edge...
    20160922_190407.jpg20160930_100604.jpg
    Sentinelle Quantum Deluxe 15x30x54" above ground w/ Swimline unibead vinyl liner, wide mouth skimmer, Hayward Powerflow 2hp pump, Hayward SwimPro Voyager 110 ft2 cartridge filter, Nature2 A30 mineral sanitizer. Wrap-around Azek deck surface, half at pool height, half 2-ft below pool height.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Any suggestions on how to secure winter cover to this pool?

Clips and wire for where you can still get them on. Maybe running the wire under the deck, but your gonna have to figure out how to secure to posts and joists to maintain the oval shape below deck. You could tie down to the wire below with rope thru the grommets along with a second loop running thru the grommets weaving under joists. (I"m not sure if a good wind wouldn't pull up the deck boards.) Water pillows to lay on the deck.
    13700 gal, 32'x16'x54" AG oval, vinyl, Echo Canyon II, 8500 series, Narrow Yard, Safety Fence & Stair, Sta-Rite Crystal Flow T-210WF, 44 GPM, Hayward SP1580TL 1HP Pump, Aqua Luminator, Festiva wedding cake steps, March 2006, TFT-100, Speed-Stir, Sample Sizer. Avatar Credit: TJ Townsend

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Any suggestions on how to secure winter cover to this pool?

That's a great idea, thanks! I can drop down through the deck at places where the tie-down to the cable can catch a joist as well.
    Sentinelle Quantum Deluxe 15x30x54" above ground w/ Swimline unibead vinyl liner, wide mouth skimmer, Hayward Powerflow 2hp pump, Hayward SwimPro Voyager 110 ft2 cartridge filter, Nature2 A30 mineral sanitizer. Wrap-around Azek deck surface, half at pool height, half 2-ft below pool height.