Changing Pro-Logic Panel after VSP to Dual Speed Pump

Av8

Jan 3, 2015
Nevada
Changed out a Haward VSP to a Hayward dual speed pump. The Pump runs great and really moves the water. It was wired per the Pro-Logic book....http://edc.poolsupplyworld.com/wpdf/plps-manual.pdf page 14 Top of the page.

I went into the "Config" pages to change to the new pump "2-Speed" but I must be missing something. When I push the "Filter" button once the pump comes on the "High" setting. If I push it a second time it just flashes and the pump doesn't got to the low setting. Kinda puzzed here. The old VSP when your turn on the pump if you wanted a different speed (1-4) you just pushed the + or - button. Regardless, I'm stumped right now. Anyone have some suggestions?

Mark, that does not sound familiar to me so probably no. When it's in "FILTER" its flashing telling me its going to low speed in x minutes once it times down I can hear a relay click but nada. Pump stops. If I push Filter again it comes on High no problem. Where do I configure the Low Speed relay?

You set it in the configuration menu. Each Aux relay has a setting to what feature you want it to be. See page 33, under Aux Function. Of course you need to set the exact relay # to the proper function and in this case, Low-Speed.

Ok..I'll check that. I think my AUX 1 is set to my pool light. Gotta go teach a class so will research that and execute in a few hours. I'll let you know if I have success....Thanks again for the QUICK responses!!

YOU ROCK Mark! That did it...I reconfigured AUX 2 (where I wired it) to FIlter Low Speed and then edited the "Group" as well. Still have not got the "filter" light to stop blinking but I'll tackle that tomorrow in the light. LOW speed is quiet! Checked my meter and in LOW it draws a little more but if it lasts longer than those VSPs being built its a WINNER! Pat

The filter light is supposed to blink when on low speed. That's how you know it is on low. Glad you got it working.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.