Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello From Phoenix...

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello From Phoenix...

...the land where you can swim almost year 'round without a heater. It's also where for 3 months or so out of the year swimming isn't necessarily a refreshing endeavor...unless you just cut the grass and it's 110

I've had an inground pool for almost 4 years now. A year and a half at a rental in SoCal, and now in a purchased home in Glendale, AZ. The pool I have now uses "pop-ups", which I hate. I converted it to a sidewall suction cleaner using Pentair's Vac Mate. It's a good system, but temporary until I can redo the pool and get rid of the pop-ups entirely.

Never a dull moment owning a pool. But, I probably don't have to tell any of YOU that, aye?
    Kevin

17,000 gal IGP w/ Jacuzzi, Hayward V-Flex w/Pentair Vac Mate

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello From Phoenix...

Hello Kevin and welcome to TFP! You're in a great place to enjoy your pool. Also sounds like you've learned quite a bit already. But if we can help at all, let us know. Nice to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    Hello Kevin and welcome to TFP! You're in a great place to enjoy your pool. Also sounds like you've learned quite a bit already. But if we can help at all, let us know. Nice to have you with us.
    Thank you, Texas! My wife and I have 20 acres just West of San Marcos, and South of Whimberley, off CR214. The thought was to retire there, but who knows. The property's paid for except the $28/yr for property tax..AE and all.

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Welcome to TFP!
    Thank you, pooldv!
    Kevin

17,000 gal IGP w/ Jacuzzi, Hayward V-Flex w/Pentair Vac Mate