Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing the Bottom Portion of a Cartridge Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Houston, TX

Replacing the Bottom Portion of a Cartridge Filter

Hello to All,

I currently have a bad leak in the side of my pool filter on the bottom part. My filter is a Pentair CCP420 cartridge filter. I have priced out buying just the bottom part as well as the whole assembly. And obviously there is a significant price difference.

My questions are if anyone has ever run into this and if so what kind of problems did you have if you just replaced the bottom? Did the new bottom line up with the old top? Should I buy a new OEM ring?

Basically need recommendations on what would be the best option.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Replacing the Bottom Portion of a Cartridge Filter

Try asking Swimming Pool Supplies, Pool Safety Cover, Swimming Pool Covers, Swimming Pool Pumps, Pool Pump Parts -
    They are awesome. They can answer all kinds of questions like this. Make sure to tell them TFP sent you for the white glove treatment.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

tucson, arizona

Re: Replacing the Bottom Portion of a Cartridge Filter

What condition are your filters, if there fairly new and in good condition then replacing just the bottom is pretty straightforward. You should replace the tank o-ring with the new bottom. As long as the tank was manufactured after 98' then they will match.