2 speed pump not running as circulation pump with new (used) spa pack

Sep 6, 2016
Canada
Hey Folks,
I've recently received a free hot tub. The CTI circuit board was damaged so I found a replacement spa pack and heater which was identical to the last one with the exception that it has an option on the side to plug in a circulation pump. I hooked everything up and it runs fine with the exception that it doesn't run the 2 speed pump intermittently to keep water circulating (like it did with the last spa pack). I'm wondering if I need to add a circulation pump (which I got with the spa pack) or if there is a way to configure it to run the 2 speed pump intermittently again. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Re: 2 Speed Pump not running as circulation pump with new (used) spa pack

Does the spa still heat up with the new pack?

You need to provide detailed info on everything, the spas supply voltage 120v/240v?, spa pack model#, pics maybe?

I can't guess as to whether or not your 2 speed pump is 120v or 240v, same with the circ pump 120v or 240v?, or whether your spa pack has filter mode programing, circ pump delete settings, circ pump 24 hour continuous settings, etc. do you have digital topside controls, what year is it?

Are you sure the circ pump option is an actual option?

Didn't you have any kind of manual that came with it?

If you answered yes to the first question, and it is heating, that's a good sign so far then.

https://www.facebook.com/brandon.do...341423.1073741826.608591422&type=3&uploaded=8

That link should take you to an album of photos of the hot tub. I don't have a manual. The spa pack is 240v. I do know that when I plug the circulation pump in that it is runs continually. Spa Pack model# is Correct-Tech CT975 REV4. I don't know about the filter programming or circ pump settings. It has a digital top side control. I'm not sure of the year.

So far to use the tub I have been pressing the jets button twice. This turns the pump on low speed for about 30 minutes then I have to remember to turn it off. It heats but only as long as the water is circulating. If I don't manually start the pump the element still comes on but it doesn't heat.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Attachments

• IMG_1724.jpg
    IMG_1724.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 46
I need to know what the buttons say on the topside, is there "jets 1" "light" "heat" etc, let me know what they all are, your pic link did not work.

The circ pump option on the new pack is causing the system to read the 2 speed motors role differently now, even though it turns on and such, heats, etc, it thinks the circ pump is actually there, the system doesn't have any way to sense that the circ pump isn't even connected, it only thinks it is because it is an option, and the system assumes it would be used, and as a result it has reassigned the 2 speed to just being manually controlled, ( this is why you have the 30 minute limit) this configuration has nothing to do with the heating, it just thinks the circ pump is being used, all that is needed to heat is to have water flow, and the 2 speed can do that, it just wont be able to continue past 30 min.

The 2 speed is on a setting called "p10" right now, meaning "off" "low" "high" ( this is when you use a circ pump)

It needs to be setup to "p12" "low" "high" ( this is when you don't use a circ pump, and heat/circ is controlled with the 2 speed)

First you need to tell me about the buttons, then we will work into hacking into the controls.

1) The "PUR" is for "PURGE" Power up system and "PUR" is displayed for 30 seconds

2) The "HEAT" key is the round blue button to the right of the display, with the thermometer symbol. ( while facing the display)

3) The "LIGHT' key is in the center ( you said the light key didn't work, i hope you meant just the light is out when you meant it didn't work)

4) After the power up, wait till the "PUR" goes away (30 seconds)

5) Then press both the "LIGHT" key and the "HEAT" key together, and hold them down until
you see "r--" "DO YOU SEE THE r-- on the display?

( I WANT TO SEE IF THE TOPSIDE RESPONDS TO THIS COMMAND, THEN WE WILL CONTINUE IF IT DOES)

Okay, I know I mentioned (P--) codes in the posting before the last one, but I didn't say anything about (P--) codes in the last post.

I only asked after you pressed both buttons to look for this--> (r--) it's a lower case "R"

That is what my information is showing to possibly look for, so did you notice a code like that?
It may only be displayed for 5 seconds or so, and because you only mentioned the (P--) code that you saw, and didn't mention anything about the r-- code, in my mind makes it seem possible you might not have been eyeballing the display possibly and missed it. It's no big deal, it just helps the process move along better, that's all.

Obviously it is a good thing that you had the (P--) code show.

Okay, moving on.
If the (P--) code you noticed, is still showing on the display, that's okay, if it is not, repeat the process from yesterday to bring it back. after you do that, press only the "HEAT" key once, and it should go into set-up mode, and "HC" or "LC" should appear, now press the "JET" key to toggle back n forth from "HC" to "LC" and select "HC" ( HIGH CURRENT )
Then press"HEAT" key again to enter the next mode....( there are only 4 modes to program )

I want to see how this worked for you, as long as it displays the codes i just put up for you to look for, then i will continue with the remaining programing sequence for you tomorrow to finish it, and hope it solves your problem,

Just to also let you know,
I am a pool & spa repair/remodel tech from Phoenix, AZ. with 25 solid years of experience, i have worked on thousands of pools & spas (I AM NOT A POOL CLEANER)
So this should hopefully work out for you here, although it is never going to be the same thing as me being able to put my eyes on it, so far it seems like we are on the right track, so plan on checking this site several times tomorrow if you can, to check for my posts,etc.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
(AFTER PRESSING "HEAT" KEY FROM PREVIOUS MODE)

P10,P11, or P12 will appear

Press "JETS" key to toggle between the 3 choices and select "P12"

Press "HEAT" key to go to last mode..

P6 (purge every 6 hours) or P12 (purge every 12 hours) will appear, this is the purge mode, select "P12"

Press "HEAT" key to go back to "RUN" mode, set-up is now finished.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.