Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Infamous 170 code

1. Back To Top    #1

Infamous 170 code

Getting 170 code. The sensor (3 prong) plugs into the small board, then that plugs into the main board. looking at the display, no lights are on and the display just says 170. When I unplug the sensor and small board, the lights come on the display.
    I just replaced the sensor last year. Lesson learned not to be a tight wad and buy a "like new" off eBay. Wanted to run in by the pros before I bought another one. -- new this time-

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Infamous 170 code

Welcome to TFP!

Make sure you get the newest revision, it has a small control box in-line and it will have an option to run program A or B.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Will do.. I appreciate it.
    Im guessing my issue will be the sensor?

4. Back To Top    #4

It might be the transformer so you should troubleshoot the system before you replace anything. Search the net for Jandy Aquapure Workbook and you should find a guide on how to troubleshoot the system. Some of the links here at TFP are old and don't work when searching for it, but I was able to find it on the net not too long ago.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

99% of the time SENSOR

6. Back To Top    #6

I been researching on how to troubleshoot, but they are telling me to check 2 diff boards... When I pull the cover off, I just have one board. Any tips on making sure it's the sensor before I take the plunge and buy a new one?

7. Back To Top    #7

Try this guide, https://premium.zodiacpoolsystems.co...ce3d54eb51.pdf. It is the latest guide and should have everything listed to troubleshoot the SWG.

Inspect the cell for any wear on the plates and loose pins. The center plate usually is the first to degrade.

Use Scotchbrite on the sensor to clean it.

8. Back To Top    #8

Man your a lifesaver!!!! I ran the tests and the voltage test for the transformer and regulator checked out. Looks like I'll be buying a new sensor tonight.
    I appreciate the help!!!