Pressure Test

Jul 4, 2016
Plano/Texas
Hi all,
We had our new pool's plumbing installed 2 weeks ago and they put 23lbs of pressure in the line to pressure test. There has been a ton of activity back there during those 2 weeks (tile, coping, stonework, deck forming, rebar, sand) and I noticed that the gauge has dropped to 20lbs. There has been about an overall 10-15 degree drop in temperature during that time. The decking is getting poured in 2 days and want to be sure that there aren't any leaks before hand.

Should I be concerned with a 3lb drop in pressure over 2 weeks or is that normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When my pool was being built early this year we had the same issue. It was due to the weather change. If there was a leak there would be zero pressure after a day or so. Probably nothing to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should I be concerned with a 3lb drop in pressure over 2 weeks or is that normal?

I wouldn't be concerned with a 3 lb change. Since water is incompressible and the piping & equipment is made from fairly rigid materials, it wouldn't take much of a leak to drop that pressure to zero over the span of 2 weeks. Only a small amount would have to leak out to relieve the pressure. It's not like your car tire that can have a small leak and still hold pressure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.