Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool pump timer

1. Back To Top    #1

pool pump timer

Looking for a recommendation for a timer for pool pump with 230v .

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pool pump timer

Intermatic has a long line of timers for various applications and are quite popular with pools owners. Here are some links you might wish to review:
    Intermatic T104M (220V): How to Replace an Intermatic T104M 240V (208 277 V) Pool Timer - YouTube
    T100 Series: http://www.intermatic.com/~/media/in...eries-2pgs.pdf
    Inyopools.com Intermatic Timer Descriptions: Intermatic Timers - Pool Timers - INYOPools.com
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

You might also consider a Intermatic Freeze Control which will turn your pool motor on at 32 degrees and off at 35 degrees.....

4. Back To Top    #4

i second the Intermatic brand. that is what i have on my pool. it has worked flawlessly for the last year. i had it set to turn on at different times of the day. will probably go with the freeze protector this next year because i will be leaving my pool up from now on.
    Charles
    Coleman 16'x48"
    Intex 2100 GPH pump & Sand filter
    TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi. It would be great if you edit your signature and include a list of your pool details (size, shape), equipment, accessories, ... like you see others do. This helps people give better replies for your specific case. For example, do you have a saltwater chlorine generator (SWG)? If so, you would want that to come on with your pump (maybe sometimes, maybe always). Is your pump a single speed, dual-speed or variable speed? Most variable speed pumps can be connected directly to power and have their own programming for speed/on/off in the pump itself. If dual-speed, you may want a timer that can pick which speed to turn on, or you can have a hard wired external switch on the pump. Some SWG have timer functions and pump control relays built in (i.e. AutoPilot).

Intermatic does have a wide line as stated, from manual to digital, for single and dual speed,...

[edit] Sorry - just saw the original post was a while back. Regardless, please edit your signature.
    38'x16' Fiberglass pool - 3.5' - 8' deep - 19,000 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWG (RC-52 cell), Pentair SuperFlo VS, Pentair SD70 Sand Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover, 10' board, PAL Treo lighting, Polaris 9550 Sport robot, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.

6. Back To Top    #6

I happen to have an Intermatic T104M that is nearly new. I purchased it and then shortly thereafter replaced it with an automatic system. PM me if you'd like it for a good price.