Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Talking to Pool Contractors

1. Back To Top    #1

Talking to Pool Contractors

Hi TFP, we have just started the process of looking at getting a pool. I've talked to friends and neighbors who have pools and gotten quite a few recommendations for contractors in our area. I've scheduled meetings with a few of them. But being this is a first time process for us. I'm wondering what are some questions we should be asking the contractors? How do we tell the good from the bad contractors? I'm planning on asking for references, but what else do we need to know to make an informed decision?

Thanks for the quick replies: Here is some more info.

The pool will be in ground and we are looking at a concrete or fiberglass unit at this time. We have meeting scheduled with contractors that do both types and we have a meeting with a contractor that just does concrete.

Thank you in advance for your help!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Talking to Pool Contractors

Hello and welcome to TFP! It may help others to know what type of pool are you looking to get (plaster, in-ground/above-ground vinyl, fiberglass)? Many suggestions might be geared towards either type of pool. Thanks, and we look forward to helping you further.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Havok if you would like me to send a doc. one of our members made to you I can. Just send me your email in PM and I will send it that way. It is really too big to put on the board.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry I've edited my original post to answer your questions