Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Two questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Two questions

Still slamming, but the deep end is still not clear. It's clearer than when I started, but it's nowhere close to being a safe area to swim in. I bought a Dolphin this weekend, and the stuff that came out of the deep end was astonishing.

Here's my other question. I realized midway through slamming that the shallow end has different Chlorine levels than the deep end. Now I'm testing both ends each time, and treating each end. Should I just test the shallow end?

I'm kind of over all this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    41K gal, IG, vinyl, Hayward Pro Series sand filter (model S244T), Hayward Super Pump, Hayward chlorine feeder, TF-100, Dolphin M400

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Two questions

How different is it? Are you running the pump 24x7? Brushing daily? Scooping and vacuuming? That should keep it mixed. The more you brush and get debris out of the pool the faster the SLAM will go.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    How different is it? Are you running the pump 24x7? Brushing daily? Scooping and vacuuming? That should keep it mixed. The more you brush and get debris out of the pool the faster the SLAM will go.
    Usually it's off by 2. Normally the shallow end is two less than the deep end, but sometimes the deep end has less FC. I run the pump all the time. The dolphin vacuums (after I attempted it once). I was brushing at least once a day until I felt defeated.

I guess the robot stirred up some stuff at the bottom and possibly caused a delay?
    41K gal, IG, vinyl, Hayward Pro Series sand filter (model S244T), Hayward Super Pump, Hayward chlorine feeder, TF-100, Dolphin M400

4. Back To Top    #4

Kinda weird. Is the return flow good? Are you backwashing the filter when pressure rises 20-25% above clean pressure?
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Like what pooldv said it seems like your flow must be off with such a difference. If it's working well it should be circulating the water pretty well and keep the pH pretty similar no matter what end you're on.

6. Back To Top    #6

So, this morning I decided to get over myself and go brush the sides, and I could SEE THE MAIN DRAIN! For the first time since we moved in, I can see the bottom of the deep end : ) I still have work to do, but this is exciting!
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Back To Top    #7
    TFP Guide

Good job! Glad to hear it.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me) Goldline SWG Intermec 104 TImer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Kinda weird. Is the return flow good? Are you backwashing the filter when pressure rises 20-25% above clean pressure?
    Actually no, I wasn't. Clean for my filter is 13 PSI, but I was letting it get to 18 or 19 before backwashing. I corrected that as of today, and will be doing this going forward. Thank you!