Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fresh Fill after new Vinyl Liner installed

1. Back To Top    #1

Fresh Fill after new Vinyl Liner installed

So my water looks clear with slight greenish tint and some brown sediment on the bottom that I brushed up last night.

Should i bring the CH up to my target 200 first, then treat the assumed metals in my water (sent my wife to get the water tested at pool store today)?

FC - 6.5
    CC - 1.0 (never had above .5 before, do I need to do anything to get this down)
    PH - 7.3
    CH - 25
    TA - 75
    CYA - Added 4lbs, haven't tested yet
    21' x 28" Grecian Vinyl Pool with fiberglass steps (@17k gallons) with Pentair SuperfloVS, Hayward sand filter with Zeosand, and Hayward gas heater. Pentair EasyTouch 4PSC-IC40 (Pentair IC40 SWG), and Screen Logic interface. 2 skimmers with main drain on the intake side and two primary returns with two low flow bubbler returns at the stairs. Aquabot pool cleaner. TF-100 Test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fresh Fill after new Vinyl Liner installed

We are not fans of pool store testing. It is often not accurate. I use the TF-100 from TFTestkits.net. Pool School - Test Kits Compared

There is no need to raise CH in a vinyl pool. More here, Pool School - Recommended Levels
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

So why does the vinyl liner manufacturer recommend CH range of 175-250?
    21' x 28" Grecian Vinyl Pool with fiberglass steps (@17k gallons) with Pentair SuperfloVS, Hayward sand filter with Zeosand, and Hayward gas heater. Pentair EasyTouch 4PSC-IC40 (Pentair IC40 SWG), and Screen Logic interface. 2 skimmers with main drain on the intake side and two primary returns with two low flow bubbler returns at the stairs. Aquabot pool cleaner. TF-100 Test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

I do not know. But, raising CH to 175 is fine, there is no reason not to other than cost and effort.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach