Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Updated pics of the pool/spa

1. Back To Top    #1

Updated pics of the pool/spa

Daytime pic of the room from inside the sliding glass door.
    Notable features...
    -spa level is above pool level and has a spillover
    -8 jets in spa
    -There is a gutter running the length of the wall to catch any water spilling in that direction and drains out the far end.
    -every pair of windows can be opened
    -The 3 center roof panels allow light in
    -roll-up pool cover. Haven't made one for the spa yet.
    -LED light strips

And here's a pic at night from outside as the kids play in the spa.
    2015 7x12 exercise pool. 54" deep. Pebble coated. Adjacent spa is 8ft x 8ft triangle.
    Here's a pic from construction phase...
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...oolstucco2.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Updated pics of the pool/spa

Looking good, although I would be concerned about those LED light strips over the water, as water and electricity don't often mix well.

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Totally agree on the LEDs...but they are low voltage and very well attached.
    2015 7x12 exercise pool. 54" deep. Pebble coated. Adjacent spa is 8ft x 8ft triangle.

4. Back To Top    #4

That's a nice set up!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Got the fast-lane pump installed in the pool tonight!

Amazingly, all the pre-drilled holes lined up and it went very easily. I also got the pump system placed on the equipment pad and was thrilled to find it has a pigtail ready to go...so all I need to do is run the hydraulic hoses to the pump unit, connect the pigtail to the power panel, add fluid, and press GO.

Oh, I also got the stainless floor plates installed tonight, but I think I need to find some plastic 'I-beam' profiled to go between the seams and some C-profile plastic to go along the edges to really seal the deal on the plates. You can see them in the bottom of the pool in the pic above. They cover the 1 foot deep by 2 foot wide return channel for the fast-lane pump. The hoses will be routed out through the slot between the brown wall covering and the pool coping.