Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Use caution with chemicals

1. Back To Top    #1

Use caution with chemicals

Just a warning for newbies like me...Take a look at what happens when you begin to think "if I'm shooting for 10ppm of FC, then 20 would be better". I'm a newbie and my advice to everyone out there is follow the program, follow the advice, and stay the course....listen to the experts.... The severe fading is all my fault, not the forums. Without the deep blue color, my water always looked less than crystal clear. I see a new liner in my future.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Bob (AKA Schnozz)
    12 x 24 x 52 Intex Ultra Frame AGP, 8600 Gal; 1/2 HP Intex Pump 1600 GPH; 12" Sand Filter, Intex in pool skimmer; Intex Automatic Cleaner (Fantastic); K-2006 Test Kit; Start-up 07/30/2015. First Time Pool Owner in SoCal.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Use caution with chemicals

Bummer Bob. Like you say ... lessoned learned. More is not always better. Regroup and have a nice day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you for sharing. This is truly a case of more is not always better
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    TFP Guide

How old is the pool?
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

5. Back To Top    #5

14 months.......
    Bob (AKA Schnozz)
    12 x 24 x 52 Intex Ultra Frame AGP, 8600 Gal; 1/2 HP Intex Pump 1600 GPH; 12" Sand Filter, Intex in pool skimmer; Intex Automatic Cleaner (Fantastic); K-2006 Test Kit; Start-up 07/30/2015. First Time Pool Owner in SoCal.