Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IC40 low salt light red

1. Back To Top    #1

Boston, MA

IC40 low salt light red

Just noticed today the low salt red light is on. PB checked the salt level a week ago saying fine. It has been good entire summer. The water temp is 61F today. Could low water temp trigger the red low salt light?

Vinyl Salt Pool 2011; IC40 SWG; Raypark gas heater; Sta-Rite Dynapro pump; Sta-Rite System 3 Filter S7M120; Pool size: app 25000 Ga
    first time pool owner. First year too.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Bedford, TX

Re: IC40 low salt light red

Yes.. the IC40 uses a temperature sensor to help determine the salt reading. So it may well be the temperature that is causing the low reading. The problem is that the IC40's salt sensor has a range of +/- 500 ppm.

When your PB tested the salt level, what was the reading.. "fine" is not a very accurate test.. If the reading was near the low end, I'd another bag or two of salt and see what happens.

That said, It is getting to that time of year where the cell will shut off, I think about 52 degrees or so. It might make sense to just chlorinate with bleach until time to close and see where you are next spring.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP5200 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: IC40 low salt light red

Yep, mine came on today too. I usually turn mine off at 70 and switch to bleach.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach