Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: maytronics dolphin power supply repair

1. Back To Top    #1

maytronics dolphin power supply repair

Anyone attempt to repair the power supply? Mine popped and died tonight conveniently 3 days after the two year warranty was up.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: maytronics dolphin power supply repair

Man that stinks. Maybe they will work with you since its so close.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree call them, giving specific advice is hard as they made more than one type. The older ones I have been into were very simple, a big transformer and a bridge rectifier plus maybe a fuse and a power switch.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
    I agree call them, giving specific advice is hard as they made more than one type. The older ones I have been into were very simple, a big transformer and a bridge rectifier plus maybe a fuse and a power switch.
    The newer ones are lightweight, which tells me that probably a switch mode power supply is used. Also, there must be some sort of microcontroller to handle remote communications and send commands to the robot.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.