Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help me understand my valves

1. Back To Top    #1

Help me understand my valves

2016-09-27 19.10.20.jpg

I have these valves on all my lines. This one is for the return line. The side labeled #1 is water line from the pump. #3 is the line to the Pool water return (the eyeball).

What are the different Positions used for?
    28' Round Ester Williams. 4'-8' deep buried AG Vinyl liner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help me understand my valves

Runt,

Not sure what the valve is for, but putting the "off" arrow toward either the 3 or the 1 will have the same effect of shutting off the line.

My guess is that you don't want water coming out of your pool and then out of the pump when the lid is off, so to prevent that from happening, you'd turn the valve to either 1 or 3.

A picture from a little further away would give us a better idea of what the valves are for.

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Jimrahbe View Post
    Runt,

Not sure what the valve is for, but putting the "off" arrow toward either the 3 or the 1 will have the same effect of shutting off the line.

My guess is that you don't want water coming out of your pool and then out of the pump when the lid is off, so to prevent that from happening, you'd turn the valve to either 1 or 3.

A picture from a little further away would give us a better idea of what the valves are for.

Thanks,

Jim R.

This helpful?
    Pool Valves - Album on Imgur

so 1 & 3 are off. 2 and 4 are open? Any difference bewteen 2 and 4?

4. Back To Top    #4

runt,

I can see no difference between position 2 and 4, both open the pipe. I say this based upon how a regular Jandy valve works. I would expect this valve to work the same way.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you!