Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just finished redoing all my plumbing . What do you think? Pic

1. Back To Top    #1

Just finished redoing all my plumbing . What do you think? Pic

It took a while, but I think I got it.
    19,000 gal - Vinyl IG - Sand filter -1.5hp. - Taylor k 2006 - Loop Loc cover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just finished redoing all my plumbing . What do you think? Pic

Perfect! I've seen some highways like that.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Holy smokes! I will no longer comment on the difficulty I had putting mine in.

Whew!
    Jon -- 28kgal, IG, AquaBright, Attached Spa, ~1990, Quad DE 80, Easytouch8, IntelliFloVS-3050, Intellichlor60, IntelliPh, Dolphin DX6, City Water, K-2006/TF-100, SpeedStir, SampleSizer, San Diego, CA

4. Back To Top    #4

You and schnozz need to get together and ponder your plumbing together.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks everyone. The beauty of PVC is that they sell all these different angle joints. Eventually you will get to where you need to be. You don't even need a tape measure.

6. Back To Top    #6

samt,

What pool builder do you work for again???

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Jimrahbe View Post
    samt,

What pool builder do you work for again???

Jim R.
    I'm self employed , why do you need some help? Things are a little slow here.

8. Back To Top    #8

You need to update your sig, that isn't a sand filter in your new plumbing.
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    You need to update your sig, that isn't a sand filter in your new plumbing.
    Yikes!

10. Back To Top    #10

great scott! that is quite the setup.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

11. Back To Top    #11

Looking at all that work is making me anxious.....I keep repeating in my head. Two suction lines and a three way valve to the pump, two return lines and a three way valve to the pool......repeat, repeat, repeat. Serenity Now, Serenity Now....LOL

Really Nice work. Were you ever stationed on a submarine? That's what the piping looks like on one of those. Just curious
    Bob (AKA Schnozz)
    12 x 24 x 52 Intex Ultra Frame AGP, 8600 Gal; Pentair 2HP/2SP 150sqft Cartridge Filter; Hayward Through Wall Skimmer; Intex Automatic Cleaner (Fantastic); K-2006 Test Kit; Start-up 07/30/2015. First Time Pool Owner in SoCal.

12. Back To Top    #12

You showed that with glue and a bucket of spare PVC parts anything is possible!
    Free Form 13K IG (Quartz) w/Screen Enclosure - 2 Sheer Descents, 1 Bubbler - Hayward 60 SF DE Sta-Rite - Hayward SP3400VSP EcoStar - Hayward Aqua Rite AQR9 (T-Cell-9) SWG - Zodiac MX6 - July 2016 - Taylor K2006

13. Back To Top    #13

Update - after testing, most of the joints leaked. It got me thinking what I did wrong. I bought the 2 pack of PVC glue and only used the purple stuff and stuck them together. Have a whole unopened can left. After doing a little reading, I think I have a hunch what is wrong. The purple stuff sure did smell good though.

14. Back To Top    #14

Yup. The purple stuff is primer. Bummer. Primer first, then glue.

I like the clear primer and the clear glue. I like the speed of the clear too. Not too fast, not too slow.
    Jon -- 28kgal, IG, AquaBright, Attached Spa, ~1990, Quad DE 80, Easytouch8, IntelliFloVS-3050, Intellichlor60, IntelliPh, Dolphin DX6, City Water, K-2006/TF-100, SpeedStir, SampleSizer, San Diego, CA

15. Back To Top    #15

I think you should tidy up that electrical wire catastrophe waiting to happen next.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    I think you should tidy up that electrical wire catastrophe waiting to happen next.
    I really need to fix these leaks. I will probably need to make a sketch of the pipes and number each piece so when I pull it all apart I will know how to put it back. This time I think I will just use Gorilla glue. That stuff will glue anything.

As far as the wires go, I'm not as comfortable with electrical as I am with PVC.

17. Back To Top    #17

I'd just duct tape the joints, it should hold fine since it is already primed.
    TFP Moderator

18. Back To Top    #18

In the Industry

That is an infamous pic, that has been around for years. I still enjoy viewing it!!

Btw you forgot to install the inline meatballs with all that spaghetti !

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by PoolguyinCT View Post
    That is an infamous pic, that has been around for years. I still enjoy viewing it!!

Btw you forgot to install the inline meatballs with all that spaghetti !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, I apologize to all. I was board so I thought I would bring a little humor to the pumping station. Don't worry. I'm done.

20. Back To Top    #20

You roped me in!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast