So this will be my first winter with a new to me pool. I'm good with the procedure for blowing the lines and draining everything, but not sure about the cover. The previous owner left a tarp style cover, a bunch of wood boards, and two 25 pound weight plates. I assume he was using those instead of water bags. So my questions are:
- Are the wood boards a bad idea?
- Do I need to put any sort of floats under the cover?
- Do I need to tie the cover to anything to keep it from getting pulled into the pool?
- Should I raise the water level in the pool after I blow in the lines so the cover can float on top?
- There's also a small pump in the shed. I assume I'm supposed to pump off the cover if water accumulates on top...every time it rains or how much water is enough to need to be removed?