Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Calculator

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Calculator

Did the pool calculator recently change? The FC goal states "see below" whereas before it gave me the range with in the box?
    ABG 24' Filter Cartridge 13,600 Gallons

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Calculator

Are you talking about the Pool Math page hosted by TFP or the poolcalculator.com hosted by PSIFlow ?

TFP only supports, updates and uses the Pool Math page. The poolcalculator.com webpage has not been updated for over a year and there has been updates to TFP recommended levels since then. We request that you use Pool Math to do all of your calculations.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

As Matt said TFP supports and activally updates PoolMath. This weekend we did make some very small changes to try to make things clearer for the users overall. In addition to the item you found we have added a "range" field for users to aim for when calculating your FC based on your current CYA level. This also now matches the FC/CYA chart In Pool School.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Leebo View Post
    As Matt said TFP supports and activally updates PoolMath. This weekend we did make some very small changes to try to make things clearer for the users overall. In addition to the item you found we have added a "range" field for users to aim for when calculating your FC based on your current CYA level. This also now matches the FC/CYA chart In Pool School.
    Leebo,

I am not sure the change makes it easier for users. In PoolMath like the OP stated, there is no longer an FC range. Instead of giving you a range in the FC box, you get the statement "see below". The user now has to search below to nearly the end of the page to find the "Suggested FC Levels" box to find your suggested FC.

I like the new FC levels box, but I think it would be much more clearer if that box was directly under the FC line rather than at the bottom of the page.
    19328 Gallon Above-Ground Pool. Clean&Clear Pentair Cartridge Filter. Opti-flo 2 Stage 1.5hp Pump. Dolphin Nautilus Plus "Flipper" Robot. Established April 2016. Taylor K-2006. Chlorine Based. 340gallon Marquis Spa. Bromine based. Established 2007.

5. Back To Top    #5

On my phone, (desktop version), the "info below" is kinda out of range too. It's way to the right of the spreadsheet. I have to admit I haven't checked it on my PC.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Or make the 'see below' active. That way you can get to it by clicking on it.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir