Newish Pool Owner In Temperate Climate, Closing Pool For Season

Aug 20, 2015
ca
Hello everybody,
I have a 23k in-ground pool. I am in N. Calif. just above Sacramento . I have read numerous posts about closing a pool in a cold/freezing climate but that doesn't apply to me. Freezing temps are rare, but I do have oak trees that will be dropping copious amounts of leaves and acorns. I thought about a cover, but I have pets (cats and a 80lb German Shepard) and I am concerned they would try to walk on it and BAD things will ensue. I am sure there is a logical solution, but I have no idea what it is. I would dearly love not to have to be skimming leaves and daily emptying the vacuum bag all fall/winter.

Any suggestions?
pool.jpg
Thanks Guys,
Steve C.

Hi Steve. Gorgeous pool. Aside from leaving as-is and scooping junk out of the water everyday until the branches are bare, I would still lean towards a "mesh" cover - at least for a month or so as the heaviest stuff falls. With a mesh cover, perhaps the furry kids won't see it as practical to attempt walking on. Cats have a mind of their own I know, and I would hope the GS would know better with some gentle reminders. Even if you let the mesh cover lay a bit on the water, then I doubt they would want to touch it. Aside from locking-up the animals or fencing-off the area, that's all that comes to mind. Maybe others will have an idea or two.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.