Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Please read and give me your thoughts

1. Back To Top    #1

Please read and give me your thoughts

Hello everyone, I recently bought a house with an in ground pool its about 30 years old says the neighbor. The bottom of the pool is concrete. Now here's the odd part all four sides of the pool (rectangle pool)are a galvanized corrugated steel. I have never scene that and cant find anything online. FYI the pool was inspected and pressure tested and functions fine. Just wondering what is behind those walls and can i remove them.
    pool 2.jpgpool.jpg
    Nick

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Please read and give me your thoughts

I don't think you could EVER remove the walls. No telling how they were braced but they have been there for 30 years and help up...."don't fix it if it aint broke"

Looks like you have calcium scale or a lot of dirt on the pool floor. Is the floor smooth?
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

My guess is that the steel has concrete behind it acting as the wall. There is no possible way of getting it off the concrete.
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

4. Back To Top    #4

This pool is probably a good candidate to be resurfaced with Aquabright, http://www.ecopoolfinish.com/
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    This pool is probably a good candidate to be resurfaced with Aquabright, http://www.ecopoolfinish.com/
    I've seen a few pools similar to this done with Aquabright. Pooldv is right, this might be a good option. Looks like there are a few installers in the Chicago and St Louis areas if either is near you.

6. Back To Top    #6

Haha. You are in Lombard, (near Chicago), not Lomnbard. You can correct that by clicking settings on the upper right of this page.

7. Back To Top    #7

It's the paint chipping away on the concrete surface. I was going to post about painting it what are these guys talking about what is aqua brite?

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach