Questionable Pebble/Plaster Job

May 19, 2016
Dallas, TX
First time pool owner/builder here thankful for this site. Every question I had during process seemed to bring me here for most reliable answer. I'm concerned about many things w/our plaster job (npt stoneacapes mini pebble). First, I'm embarrassed to turn the light on at ngt b/c the bottom is so uneven. Outside of that, I'm finding very rough patches, thin patches & areas that appear broken through. Acid start up, w/pool off, brushing twice a day for wk. I've been waiting for things to "smooth out" but I think there's more issues than that. Your opinion based on the attached pics would be helpful. I've followed the tfp method & check my fc, tc, cc & pH daily. I keep tc at 5 & pH at 7.5-7.8. I check frequently my TA (100), CYA (40) & CH (370). TIA for your help.

Welcome to TFP!

I would contact NPT and ask them to send someone to inspect you job if you are not happy with the response from the PB and/or the installer.

Thank you for your response. I haven't contacted the pool builder yet. I wanted to see if what I'm complaining about seems reasonable. I've been very happy with the pool builder and hate to complain, but don't want to leave something I'm not happy with if, if it can be fixed. All my research, I've found that pebble jobs can have some things that people don't care for that are just expected or things you have to live with. I think there are a few things with the job that are expected that I'll have to live with, but I'm not sure about how the plaster itself is suppose to look. Is it common, b/c it's dark, for the bottom to look like this rough. Aside from the obvious big finger hole, are the areas thinness? Is that a problem?

The night shot looks really bad. I would not hesitate to contact the pool builder/plasterer.

I'm not even sure how that hole could have been made, missed during the first second and third troweling, missed during the water spray/rolling, and missed during the acid wash the following day... Pure negligence

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.