Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: So ticked at pool company

1. Back To Top    #1

So ticked at pool company

As some of you remember I had major issues when I took off my cover for the Spring. My walls had caved in deep end. I had sand bottom with vinyl liner. Pool company came and poured pool crete and replaced liner. Around 3k to fix. Now, I have numerous spots of concrete pieces that are pushing thru liner. They said they came and fixed and they did not. Also , I was just standing close to the wall, about 12 inches or so and I felt my foot give. Now there is a hOle about 3 inches in diameter. Anyone have a clue what happened there? I am so ill. That was a lot of money
    24k gal. In-ground, vinyl. 2005 build
    Hayward Pro-Series S244T sand filter system
    Hayward motor & pump (rpm 3450,model SP2607X10)
    Polaris 280 w/booster pump.Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: So ticked at pool company

Any idea what your water table is there? Were you in an area near where fraking or other mining operations are going on?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

So sorry for this. Could be from erosion - supporting soil washing away. Did you possibly have an ongoing leak before this? Is the pool higher in elevation than the reset of the area around it (by at least a few inches)? When it rains, is there any run off from other sources near the pool?
    38'x16' Fiberglass pool - 3.5' - 8' deep - 19,000 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWG (RC-52 cell), Pentair SuperFlo VS, Pentair SD70 Sand Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover, 10' board, PAL Treo lighting, Polaris 9550 Sport robot, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

OH NO! Do you have a pic?

I think Z might be on the right track with her questions.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Agree, I think we need to see some pics of the pool and area.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

They came today. Said it was a thin spot in the pool crete. He said it was fine for now. Just watch it and if it gets worse they will drain down and peel liner back and fix it
    24k gal. In-ground, vinyl. 2005 build
    Hayward Pro-Series S244T sand filter system
    Hayward motor & pump (rpm 3450,model SP2607X10)
    Polaris 280 w/booster pump.Taylor K-2006 test kit