Desperate Gunite Pool in Need of Serious Repair - Ideas???

Jun 6, 2007
Indianapolis
We have a 40,000 gallon gunite pool that is in need of desperate help! We bought our house 2 years ago knowing that we had some serious work ahead of us, and now that true reality is setting in! All of the coping needs to be replaced, the tiles need to be redone and the gunite needs to be resprayed. We also need to have the concrete around the pool resurfaced. We have so many different ideas on how to go forward. The most obvious is to all the things listed above, but we are obviously on a budget. Does anyone have thought/know anything about converting a gunite pool to a liner pool? This would eliminate the need for the tiles and spray of the gunite. Is this a good/bad idea? Has anyone been thru a remodel like this and what can we expect? Thanks for any insight!

Our old beast was remodeled last year (also bought a house w/ old pool). We had to have the sandblasted (it had thick layers of pool paint)
and then new plaster/diamon brite, new tile line (there were no tiles when we got it), main drain repaired, one return line capped (was a copper line), new return line installed and new sand filter...I think that was it.
Oh' and acouple pieces of bullnose coping were replaced. The whole concrete deck and coping should/could have been done but, just doing the pool was a huge expense for us.

I don't have any info on coverting to a vinyl liner pool...hopefully someone will chime in.

good luck on your project...I was so glad when we finally got our done.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.