Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PH reagent

1. Back To Top    #1

PH reagent

UH Oh! I think I may have ordered the wrong refill for my pH reagent. Will it work with my residential Taylor test kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    24,000 gal. Plaster pool 7' deep. Pennntair VS-3050 pump, sta-rite max-e-therm 400 heater, cartridge filters 420 sq ft, automation suntouch system, polarus 360 pressure side cleaner. Recent replaster and fill. surrounded by lifesaver pool fence.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: PH reagent

Quote Originally Posted by Dewayne B. View Post
    UH Oh! I think I may have ordered the wrong refill for my pH reagent. Will it work with my residential Taylor test kit?

Tampa, FL 16,000 gallons, concrete in ground screened pool, Sta-Rite 70sqft cartridge filter, Marathon 3/4 Pump, city water. I test with Taylor K-2006

3. Back To Top    #3

Taylor R-0004 versus R-0014

This might help.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    Thanks, that does help. I don't think I'm going to fool with it and just buy the correct reagent.

24,000 gal. Plaster pool 7' deep. Pennntair VS-3050 pump, sta-rite max-e-therm 400 heater, cartridge filters 420 sq ft, automation suntouch system, polarus 360 pressure side cleaner. Recent replaster and fill. surrounded by lifesaver pool fence.

5. Back To Top    #5

Or you could buy just the test block to go with the R-0004
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
    Or you could buy just the test block to go with the R-0004
    Yes, I was anticipating doing that. Can't send it back now because stupid me I added it to solution in my existing residential test kit bottle.

7. Back To Top    #7

The high FC 2000-series comparator block costs ~$13. It can utilize your R-0001/R-0002 reagents and give you an FC color scale all the way up to 10ppm. It also uses the R-0004 reagent on the pH side. The midget comparator block is really not that useful.

- - - Updated - - -

In case you're interested -

Amazon.com : Replacement Comparator #9056 for Taylor 2000 Series : Swimming Pool Maintenance Kits : Patio, Lawn Garden
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    The high FC 2000-series comparator block costs ~$13. It can utilize your R-0001/R-0002 reagents and give you an FC color scale all the way up to 10ppm. It also uses the R-0004 reagent on the pH side. The midget comparator block is really not that useful.

- - - Updated - - -

In case you're interested -

Amazon.com : Replacement Comparator #9056 for Taylor 2000 Series : Swimming Pool Maintenance Kits : Patio, Lawn Garden
    Great! Thanks so much.