Eclipse 3

Has anyone used Eclipse 3? I have started to use it this year and sofar it is working well.
Just looking for some other users that have had any negative issues or any info at all.

Sylvan
Free Form
31,000 Gal.
Restored with new SunStone and Coping Last year.

Welcome. I wouldn't advise the use of Eclipse 3 - a Copper-based Algaecide. Here at TFP we recommend simple, easy to do techniques and less costly options for pool care. Eclipse is an expensive and unneccessary product that could do more harm than good. You don't want copper in your pool, believe me, you DON'T. :rant:

The ONLY algaecide we recommend is Polyquat 60 and even then, only for specific circumstances, not everday pool care.
:wink:
With properly chlorinated balanced pool water, routine algaecide use is not necessary.

If you are having issues with your pool water, feel free to post a full set of water test results and we can advise you better. :)

Have you visited Pool School? Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Reactions: Salty Doug
The use of copper based algaecides can lead to copper stains in the pool (which are oftren almost impossible to remove) and green hair! Green hair is caused by copper, not chlorine, period!

Reactions: Salty Doug
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.