Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New member, plenty of pool experience...

1. Back To Top    #1

West Suffield, CT

New member, plenty of pool experience...

Just introducing myself and saying thanks! I appreciate this forum and have used it often, but have not registered till now.

I worked for a pool company in my college years installing both above and in-ground pools, doing openings & closings, billing out as a service technician, bobcat operator and general "grunt work"

I never owned my own pool until 2007. I do all my own openings/closings and maintenance. I spend very little time maintaining our pool (very happy about that). Once a week, I drop 4 3" chlorine tabs into my chlorinator, toss the robotic vacuum in and check chemicals/ph/etc (but I rarely have to adjust anything) and my water is crystal clear (helps to have no trees). I love my cartridge filter... and I only clean the cartridges once at the end of the season (this weekend for me) and they are usually quite clean. I do use "socks" in my two skimmers which makes a huge difference!. I've had the same cartridges since 2007.

I don't have any issues/problems at the moment, but I do enjoy reading the posts and solutions.
    Chip ~ My Pool: 20x40 Rectangular IG with Jacuzzi steps in deep end ;), ~32K Gal, WhisperFlo 1HP Pump, Pentair CCP-520 cartridge filter, Sani-King Perform-Max 940 inline chlorinator, AquaCal HeatWave SuperQuiet Pool Heat Pump, Dolphin M5 Supreme Robot

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: New member, plenty of pool experience...

Welcome to TFP, Chip

12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Dallas Ga

When closing, how much do you drain your pool?
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me) Goldline SWG Intermec 104 TImer Test kit K-2006-C

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach