Vacuuming Pool Before Closing

Aug 24, 2015
Petersburgh, NY
When I attempted to close my pool last weekend, I ran into a problem with blowing out the main drain. I am in the process of getting a Cyclone, and I am waiting for that to arrive.

In the meantime, my pool has been drained 6" below the skimmer. I hooked up the pump, return, and main drain hoses again temporarily, so I can continue to circulate the water, and chlorinate as needed. However, the bigger issue now is how I keep the pool clean until I can close it.

Is there a way I can vacuum the pool, while the water level is 6" below the skimmer? Normally, you can keep the vacuum hose under water so air does not get into the pump, but that is not possible now. Is there another way to do this? How can I keep the pool clean, without re-filling the pool, until I can close it? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yes, fill the hose as mentioned earlier and it should prime pretty easily. When done, take the hose out but leave the water in the hose outside the pool (maybe suspend somewhere).

If you are getting a Cyclone, then look at the modified cover that I put together. Just an idea.

Modified Cover for Swimming Pools

Modified Cover for Hayward Super Pump for Closing Swimming Pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.