Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Preventing Mold/Algae on Pool Deck or Waterfall

1. Back To Top    #1

Preventing Mold/Algae on Pool Deck or Waterfall

I'm getting REALLY wore out with bleaching and power washing my pool deck every few months. Its hot and humid down here in the Sunshine State, and I can't seem to keep the mold/algae from growing in the cracks of my waterfall, and all along the fake rocks around my pool. The side of our water-slide goes from clean and beautiful to black and disgusting in a month or so. When the weather cools off and we're not using the pool as much, I'm hoping to treat the whole deck and decorations with SOMETHING that will help keep this in check.

Any suggestions?
    Located between Tampa and Orlando, FL.
    13,000 Gallon (Approx.) in ground kidney bean shaped pool with Vinyl Liner, Artificial rock features around most of it, plaster/concrete water slide, and 2 tier waterfall.
    200 sf Jandy cartridge filter - P6RA6F-206L Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro 1.5HP Up Rated Pool Pump - Black plastic (cheapo amazon deal) solar collector on barn roof.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: Preventing Mold/Algae on Pool Deck or Waterfall

About the only thing that will be effective is sealing the deck and waterfall rocks with sealer. There are some pretty good products out there that you can use to keep the natural look if thats what you want, or shiney if thats what you want. Or somewhere in between.

The downside is, it may be a bit more slippery, and you'll have to reapply it every few years.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!