Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie with questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie with questions

We are in the very beginning stage of considering an inground pool/spa in the front half of the yard. Trying to decide between fiberglass or gunite. If fiberglass, it would be something like Thursday Pools Wellspring. The only problem with fiberglass are the set design. Gunite is a lot more configurable but with additional maintenance.

We are clueless in regards to equipment, although I do know I would like SWG.

We are also considering adding a larger upper deck in the back so our design and placements have to take this into consideration. Yellow box in picture.

Here is a picture of the yard.

house.jpg

I have seen a couple of you enjoy doing design work. I welcome your suggestions.

Thanks,
    hifters

I have started going though the links in Pool School.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Newbie with questions

Hello and welcome to TFP! Regardless of which pool type you go with, either can be easily maintained following the chemical principles here at TFP (i.e. Pool School). As for the SWG, ask your builder for the largest SWG they supply. Best to have that flexibility now as opposed to learning later that a small cell can't provide the chlorine (FC) you need.

Once you get a quote with a list of equipment, post back and readers will be glad to assist. Nice to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!