Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pH ?

1. Back To Top    #1

pH ?

As a matter fact my PH skyrocketed over 3 days. Went from 7.2 to 7.9 over 3 days. My PH rarely moved over the entire season and now it's gone nuts.
    May 2015: 17K Viking Caribbean Fiberglass IG pool (16'x40'), PAL lighting three 2T4 LED's (inside pool), Hayward DE 6020, Hayward Ecostar VS pump, SWG TCell15, Hayward HP21404T Heat Pump, Hayward Omnilogic automation + Sense & Dispense (HLCHEM).
    Rest of the backyard ideas/wish list: 12 x 20 Pergola, 48" Round Firepit, Accent/Landscape lighting, Outdoor movie theatre and music (projector & speakers), etc...

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: pH ?

I moved your thread. That thread was talking about CYA and your pH issue is unrelated.

As far as pH moving like that, that's pretty near impossible unless someone put something in your pool to force it to move like that.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Could it be from rain??
    May 2015: 17K Viking Caribbean Fiberglass IG pool (16'x40'), PAL lighting three 2T4 LED's (inside pool), Hayward DE 6020, Hayward Ecostar VS pump, SWG TCell15, Hayward HP21404T Heat Pump, Hayward Omnilogic automation + Sense & Dispense (HLCHEM).
    Rest of the backyard ideas/wish list: 12 x 20 Pergola, 48" Round Firepit, Accent/Landscape lighting, Outdoor movie theatre and music (projector & speakers), etc...

4. Back To Top    #4

Did the Sense & Dispense stop working?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Did the Sense & Dispense stop working?
    How do I know if it stopped working? It still registers on my OmniLogic.

6. Back To Top    #6

If is was working, the pH would not have gone up because it would have added more acid to compensate for any pH rise.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    If is was working, the pH would not have gone up because it would have added more acid to compensate for any pH rise.
    Oh I'm sorry. I misunderstood the question.
    I don't have the acid dispenser part of the Sense and dispense. I only have the PH and ORP sensing part. I add the acid manually as I see the need too.
    Thx.

8. Back To Top    #8

Well, I do not know how well those sensors stay calibrated. Have you been independently testing the pH levels?
    Jason, TFP Moderator

9. Back To Top    #9

Yes I usually test the PH with the OTO kit that I got from tftestkits.