Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Taking over maintenance of my own pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Palm Harbor, FL

Cool Taking over maintenance of my own pool

I joined this site to help me take care of my own pool. I live in Palm Harbor Florida, and have an in ground salt water pool with no screened enclosure. We've been here about 5 years, and I've used a pool service. As I've learned more about my pool, I think I can do this myself to save some money, and maybe do it better. I recently got a robotic vacuum which is amazing, and making a world of difference cleaning the leaves off the bottom of the pool. I know I have a lot to learn, so I'm glad I found this site.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Bedford, TX

Re: Taking over maintenance of my own pool

Welcome to TFP, you will love it here.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP5200 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2.

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

Re: Taking over maintenance of my own pool

You CAN do it yourself-----and quite easily. Welcome.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!