Question: Pet Hair, Salt Cell, and Pool Warranty

Sep 22, 2016
Tampa, FL
Hi All - New user here as well as a first time pool owner, appreciate the chance to ask a question.

My home came with a warranty that included saltwater pool PCB board and cell. It's a Hayward Aqua Rite, and the board wasn't working. Now, I've already fixed it by replacing the thermresistor myself. That's not the issue.

Before I fixed it, I had ORIGINALLY filed a warranty claim that was denied - The reason being that "pet hair build up in the salt cell caused the board to fail". I personally think that's complete garbage, but I'm a newbie. I've already submitted a request to cancel the useless warranty, but I was wondering... could that even be remotely true?

Thank you for your time!

Pet hair should be trapped before the cell - either in the skimmer or your sand filter. I would ask in the future for them to show where it explicitly states this. BTW I find a LOT more of my one granddaughter's hair in the skimmer than my dog's.

I'd love to hear (well, read) how this played out. Maybe the OP or Hayward will share......... :handshake:

Hi all - first off, I completely appreciate all of the feedback. I figured as much, but wanted to confirm.

I called the warranty company and shared my experience with them, wanting to cancel my warranty. Got retention on the phone and read them the riot act on their poor service and poor technicians. The person finally agreed that the diagnosis was a Baloney Sandwich. They refunded my service charge, and put the service provider on a "do not send" list for me.

Long story short - I'm out no bucks except the money for the thermistor.

Thank you all!

matt

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.