What are these green worm looking things?

May 27, 2009
With a lot of help from you guys on here, we are well on our way to getting our pool blue again. However, we have come across these green worm looking things in the debris that we are scooping out. There are hundreds of them in piles on the bottom of the pool. They are still alive after 2 days of keeping the pool at shock level. Does anybody have any idea what they are?

worm2.jpg

Yeah, I'm thinking the fact that those suckers have survived shock levels is CREEEEPY. I hope you figure out what the heck they are! And please, please report back to us. I would be awfully hesitant to get into the pool. :p :p :p

Thanks for the link. I just sent them a picture. Hopefully they can identify it. I called the local collage to see if I could get an old Biology professor of mine to take a look at it, but unfortunately he is not teaching any classes this summer. I'll let you guys know if I found out anything.

The closest trees are about 30 feet or so from the pool. But that is where the wood line starts. This is only our second season with the pool but we never saw anything like this last year. I'm still waiting on the cloudy pool to clear so I can see the bottom and vacuum them to waste.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can take some to your County extention agent to have them identified just like you take soil sample to them to so you can amend your soil. They will have an answer for you as what they are and how to eliminate the problem. They are usually located at the courthouse if not someone their will tell you where they are located.

Susan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.