Robot missed some spots on the wall, now discolored...

May 21, 2014
Weston, CT
My new 9450 misses a few spots on the radius of the wall and now I have a line of discoloration below the waterline, near the bottom of the pool.
The vinyl is clean everywhere else, except where the robot misses due to climbing the wall and the scrubbers not hitting the location.
There are aslo some small stains along the seam in the vinyl...

I've tried brushing, but the stain is stubborn.

What's the best way to clean the vinyl under water?

Pool is now closed.

This will be a project for the spring.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Bryan

Some pictures of the pool would help.

You might be able to adjust the robot not to climb the walls at all.

As for the stains -- do you know the cause -- have you tested them? Have you had your water tested for metals? Do you have a set of complete test results?

Unfortunately, I closed the pool and don't have any photos.
The stains look like Algae or dirt stains that accumulate on the seams as things settle.
I failed to brush and they sat for too long and now are resistant to brushing.
I know I probably should have cleaned them prior to closing, but I was having the roof redone on the house and needed to get things closed up last week...

I've never checked for metal in the water, but I keep things pretty balanced per this website. TA, pH, TC/FC, CH are all within spec (exact numbers are at home now from closing date).

I have the 9550. It cleans the walls well. But at the waterline there does get to be some deposits from what I suspect is a mix of body oils, suntan lotion and dirt. I have fiberglass. I've use a scrub sponge, one made to clean non-stick surfaces to go around pool. Will let someone with vinyl speak up how they clean along the surface line. I've only needed to clean it once so far this season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.