Polaris vs Pentair Booster Pumps

Sep 2, 2016
Roseville
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and pool ownership. I know, after reading a lot of posts, that most people on here love the robotic pool cleaners. With that said I'm not really looking to drag the robot in and out of the pool all the time.

But before I can buy a pressure side cleaner I need to add a booster pump to my setup. I've read quite a few bad reviews about the Polaris booster pump burning up in a year or so. Does anyone recommend either the Pentair Booster Pumps (Booster or the Boost Rite)?

Also if I get a Pentair booster pump does that mean I have to get a Pentair cleaner?

Thank you (I know my question is both about pumps and cleaners so I wasn't sure where to put it).

In the end a robot will cost less. Pumps eat power and are just another thing to breakdown.

There are essentially no differences between the two booster pumps and it does not matter which brand you buy. You can operate any manufacturers cleaner on another brand of booster pump.

I had a polaris pressure cleaner with a booster pump. I made the switch to a robot this year and I love my robot! I had to constantly replace parts on the polaris, had to take it in to repairs every other year and the jets would get sand in them at least once a year... I never had a problem with my polaris booster pump. I've tried selling my booster pump, but no takers. Heck I'd give it away just so that it would get some use, but everyone is switching to robots.

My robot scrubs my pool so I don't have to brush as often. My polaris didn't brush the pool. The robot has a finer filter and that means less stuff for my DE filter.

Yes, you have to take it out of the pool and yes it is heavy, but it still saves me time. It also saves me money has the robot doesn't need to pump to run and it uses less electricity than my booster pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.