Turn off power/circuit when pool closed?

Hi, The company came to close our pool today. Unlike previous years, when they left, the EZ touch remote in our house still showed the air/water temperature. I may be wrong, but I could have sworn in previous years that it was blank.

So I went to the main control panel by the pool and it is showing the same readings. Shouldn't the power source to that equipment be turned off? Is there a circuit in the box of the Pentair EZ touch that I should be flipping? They never came in the house in previous years, so whatever they did to remove the power source was done outside.

I see a number of switches that look like they could be circuit breakers, but I'm not sure if there is a master switch or if I should be hitting all of the switches or something else? I called the pool company but no response yet. I did quickly change the settings on my EZ touch remote so that no days of the week are highlighted for running the pool.

Sorry to be so pool and electrical illiterate!

jdwl,

Yes, those are circuit breakers.. you can either shut them all off or shut off the "Pool" breaker in your house Circuit Breaker panel. If the pool is shut down I'd think it would be mandatory to turn off the EasyTouch. You don't want it to turn on the pump.

Note... I say this as someone that has no idea what shutting down a pool involves. I "assume" they open the pump lid and remove the pump drain plugs and put them in the empty pump basket. We may not close our pools in this part of Texas, but we will close all schools within in a 100 miles if a weather forecaster even hints that the streets might freeze over. :D

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.