Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Why can't I get drink in my pool with dignity?

1. Back To Top    #1

Why can't I get drink in my pool with dignity?

I just want a simple floating cupholder. No "donuts with sprinkles" (they're hit #1 on Amazon - I don't get it), no pink flamingos... just something that floats without spilling my vodka & soda.

Flamingos are a few dollars each. The only one I wouldn't be ashamed of is $34?!?!
    12,000 gal Diamond Brite indoor​ pool. Pentair Triton TR-60 Sand Filter +added DE, Lochinvar Energyrite ERN-200 gas heater, Pentair Multi-valve, Pentair SuperFlo VS pump, TF-100 kit, Pool Math App - iOS

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Why can't I get drink in my pool with dignity?

Paul,

I think you just proved Rollercoaster's point...

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

I don't know that I've ever needed to set a drink down unless it's empty... Can't be having all those empties floating around the pool
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

5. Back To Top    #5

Chris B.

New house w/ 28 y/o I.G. 15k gal. pool/spa, Plaster, Hayward DE-480S Micro Clear Filter, Pentair Whisperflo wfe-4, 1HP (Main Pump), Hayward SP2815x20 (Pump for spa jets), Versa Pool Heater, Hayward Pool Vac Ultra, TF-100 Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

"...chemistry is not an exact science" -Mario Andrada, Rio 2016 Olympics spokesman
    21' x 52" Radiant Metric Round ~10K gal AGP with Hayward S180t pump/sand filter.
    Caldera (Watkins) Martinique 340 gallon installed in basement, Bromine and ozone.
    Taylor K-2006 test kit.

7. Back To Top    #7

15,000 gallon free form Viking fiberglass pool. Hayward Star-Clear Plus C12002 cartridge filter. Hayward Swim Pure Plus T-15 SWG. Testing with TF-100 Kit. 2 speed 1.5HP Supreme pump. Dolphin Nautilus robotic cleaner

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

I'm with Brian on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by bdavis466 View Post
    I don't know that I've ever needed to set a drink down unless it's empty... Can't be having all those empties floating around the pool

Don't know that I'd pay $34 to keep my drinking dignity - But I'd pay $2 and give up a few minutes of my time. Heck, I could even do it in my favorite color.

Gene
    ​12,300 gal IG play pool - Pebbletec - built 10/1999 || Hayward S360SX 36" sand filter || Hayward Ecostar SP3400 VSP || A&A In-Floor cleaning system || Quik Water Leveler || Quik Dek-clor (limited use)
    TF-100 testkit / Speedstir - A good test kit is not an expense, it's an investment

9. Back To Top    #9

That's using your noodle...

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAaaaa... sorry.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMcC View Post
    RyanMcC for the win!!!!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by cjpwalker View Post
    That's using your noodle...

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAaaaa... sorry.
    I'll give that a LOL.

+1 on not setting my drink anywhere lest someone get some pool water in it or a dog knocks it over.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by nlindelldc View Post
    I'm liking this one! Recycle while you drink, so spillage, no flamingos.

I have a spare pool noodle, but I think that will just end up with me needing a bunch of band-aids....
    12,000 gal Diamond Brite indoor​ pool. Pentair Triton TR-60 Sand Filter +added DE, Lochinvar Energyrite ERN-200 gas heater, Pentair Multi-valve, Pentair SuperFlo VS pump, TF-100 kit, Pool Math App - iOS

13. Back To Top    #13

THIS!!!

As for the noodle thing; very creative, ingenious and thrifty; worth a try if you can deal with the accompanying banjo music. [snic]
    13,000 gal.Peanut shaped IG Plaster (med. gray) w/ 7' raised spa. ALL Pentair: Intelliflow 3hp VS, Cartridge filter, 400,000 btu heater, 2.0hp spa motor, Easy Touch control panel & is4 spa side switch, Intellichlor 40C SWG, Paramount PV3 In Floor cleaning system, spa spillway and two sheer descents. Solar: 10 FAFCO panels 1.5hp booster. Testt kits: K-2006 & K1766 (Chloride/Salt) Fill date August 15, 2114.

14. Back To Top    #14

8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

15. Back To Top    #15

My pool has a really small shallow end. I need to keep my hands free between sips to avoid that whole drowning thing...