Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Why can't I get drink in my pool with dignity?

1. Back To Top    #1

Why can't I get drink in my pool with dignity?

I just want a simple floating cupholder. No "donuts with sprinkles" (they're hit #1 on Amazon - I don't get it), no pink flamingos... just something that floats without spilling my vodka & soda.

Flamingos are a few dollars each. The only one I wouldn't be ashamed of is $34?!?!
    12,000 gal Diamond Brite indoor​ pool. Pentair Triton TR-60 Sand Filter, Lochinvar Energyrite ERN-200 gas heater, Pentair Multi-valve, Pentair Superflo VS pump, TF-100 kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Why can't I get drink in my pool with dignity?

Paul,

I think you just proved Rollercoaster's point...

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

I don't know that I've ever needed to set a drink down unless it's empty... Can't be having all those empties floating around the pool
    -Brian-
    33K In ground Pool/Spa, IntelliFlo, IntelliChlor SWG, Easytouch, ScreenLogic, MasterTemp 400, Quad 100, IntelliPH, MiniPebble, Dolphin Z5, POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page @daviscustomconstruction

5. Back To Top    #5

Chris B.

New house w/ 28 y/o I.G. 15k gal. pool/spa, Plaster, Hayward DE-480S Micro Clear Filter, Pentair Whisperflo wfe-4, 1HP (Main Pump), Hayward SP2815x20 (Pump for spa jets), Versa Pool Heater, Hayward Pool Vac Ultra, TF-100 Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

"...chemistry is not an exact science" -Mario Andrada, Rio 2016 Olympics spokesman
    21' x 52" Radiant Metric Round ~10K gal AGP with Hayward S180t pump/sand filter.
    Caldera (Watkins) Martinique 340 gallon installed in basement, Bromine and ozone.
    Taylor K-2006 test kit.

7. Back To Top    #7

15,000 gallon free form Viking fiberglass pool. Hayward Star-Clear Plus C12002 cartridge filter. Hayward Swim Pure Plus T-15 SWG. Testing with TF-100 Kit. 2 speed 1.5HP Supreme pump. Dolphin Nautilus robotic cleaner

8. Back To Top    #8
    TFP Guide

I'm with Brian on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by bdavis466 View Post
    I don't know that I've ever needed to set a drink down unless it's empty... Can't be having all those empties floating around the pool

Don't know that I'd pay $34 to keep my drinking dignity - But I'd pay $2 and give up a few minutes of my time. Heck, I could even do it in my favorite color.

Gene
    ​12,300 gal IG play pool - Pebbletec - built 10/1999 || Hayward S360SX 36" sand filter || Hayward Ecostar SP3400 VSP || A&A In-Floor cleaning system || Quik Water Leveler || Quik Dek-clor (limited use)
    TF-100 testkit / Speedstir - A good test kit is not an expense, it's an investment

9. Back To Top    #9

That's using your noodle...

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAaaaa... sorry.

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMcC View Post
    RyanMcC for the win!!!!
    Maddie- TFP Guide. 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by cjpwalker View Post
    That's using your noodle...

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAaaaa... sorry.
    I'll give that a LOL.

+1 on not setting my drink anywhere lest someone get some pool water in it or a dog knocks it over.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by nlindelldc View Post
    I'm liking this one! Recycle while you drink, so spillage, no flamingos.

I have a spare pool noodle, but I think that will just end up with me needing a bunch of band-aids....
    12,000 gal Diamond Brite indoor​ pool. Pentair Triton TR-60 Sand Filter, Lochinvar Energyrite ERN-200 gas heater, Pentair Multi-valve, Pentair Superflo VS pump, TF-100 kit

13. Back To Top    #13

THIS!!!

As for the noodle thing; very creative, ingenious and thrifty; worth a try if you can deal with the accompanying banjo music. [snic]
    13,000 gal.Peanut shaped IG Plaster (med. gray) w/ 7' raised spa. ALL Pentair: Intelliflow 3hp VS, Cartridge filter, 400,000 btu heater, 2.0hp spa motor, Easy Touch control panel & is4 spa side switch, Intellichlor 40C SWG, Paramount PV3 In Floor cleaning system, spa spillway and two sheer descents. Solar: 10 FAFCO panels 1.5hp booster. Testt kits: K-2006 & K1766 (Chloride/Salt) Fill date August 15, 2114.

14. Back To Top    #14

8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

15. Back To Top    #15

My pool has a really small shallow end. I need to keep my hands free between sips to avoid that whole drowning thing...