New Pool, Already Too Cool to use for long

Sep 13, 2016
Columbus/GA
I've just recently purchased a home and got the pool that was there up and running.

Here in Columbus, GA the days are still in the upper 80's and lower 90's, but the nights are getting much cooler in the upper 60's. The pool gets a good deal of direct sun (I'd say atleast 8-9 hours) during the day, but the pool water is quite cool, even in the afternoons. It's really too cool to enjoy for very long this late in the season, but I'd like to try and extend that time period if possible.

I've been reading up on solar blankets, and am considering purchasing one of those, as I thought it might help to reduce the heat lost at night.

My other consideration that I was wondering about what whether the "trampoline" style safety cover might help reduce heat loss if I were to cover the deep end of the pool with it, and just use the shall end for the next few weeks? Any thoughts on whether this might be effective? Since it attaches to the ground very snug, I could even attach it to the deep half and pull the shallow cover back and forth when I want to use it?

The heat retention of the solar covers is due to preventing evaporation and radiant heat loss at night. If you only cover half the pool, you only get half the benefit. And if the safety cover is porous, then you could still have evaporation through it.

A cheap solar cover will provide the most bang for the buck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.