Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Diamond Brite Abalone Shell Equivalent

1. Back To Top    #1

Diamond Brite Abalone Shell Equivalent

Ive seen enough horror stories of abalone shells damaging the Diamond Brite quartz-based plaster to sway me away from adding shells to our plaster. It seems to be a bad mix between the two. Is there an alternative or equivalent to abalone that works well with DB? Or is the only option just to add more quartz "chips"?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Diamond Brite Abalone Shell Equivalent

Glass beads are a nice option. I just dont know much about the particulars of adding Abalone.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Diamond Brite Abalone Shell Equivalent

Would that make the surface rougher like pebble? I've seen glass added to pebble but never heard of adding it to a quartz based plaster. Ill have to check into that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brian - UNDER CONSTRUCTION: 17K gal SW Gunite IG. 17'x23'(w/shelf)x34'. 650sf. 114' perim. 3.5'-5' depth sports pool. 7'x11' sun shelf, 6'x8' spa. Intelliflow VSP, IC60 SWCG, CC420 filter, 4 LEDs (2 Globrite and 2 Intellibrite). Hayward 140K BTU heat pump. Pentair EasyTouch 8 automation. Ivory travertine deck. 8"X16" travertine coping. NPT lightwaves Aquamarine spa tile and marker tiles. Undecided on plaster/pebble finish.