Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: BH6100 - Aqualink RS8 dead controller

1. Back To Top    #1

BH6100 - Aqualink RS8 dead controller

Hi All,

I have an original controller that came with the pool about 15 years ago. It was built by Blue Haven and the controller says BH6100 which I believe is the same as Aqualink RS8. Last night the controller was dead, I tried to reset and looked at the wiring on the controller side. It looks ok. I can go to the main panel and operate the filter by putting into service mode. How can I troubleshoot this? Does anyone know the voltage that should be coming in via black/red wire? Should I buy a used controller or upgrade? I don't know my version since I can't bring up the controller menu. My pool guy told me to contact Blue Haven which I think would cost me an arm and a leg. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Wishman
    Inground 20k gallons plaster pool (2001) with Spa, Blue Haven 450 Cartridge Filter, Laars Lite 2 heater propane, Northstar 2hp pump, Dolphin Nautilus Robot Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Re: BH6100 - Aqualink RS8 dead controller

You would have to look on the back of the Board in the control center. You will see the version no. there. Unless you can find something online you might have to upgrade to the iaqualink 2.0. Is the controller dead as in no lights.

3. Back To Top    #3

There is a guy n northern calif that repairs them for much less than buying a replacement board. Check my earlier posts for the contact info. You also,could update to iaqualink and gain the ability to run your pool from a phone or ipad for what the replacement board costs.
    18,000 gunite pool/spa combo. Pebble tec, iaqualink rs8, cl580 filter, aquapure 1400, 400k btu lx heater, 10 solar panels, jandy 1hp, 1 1/2hp, and 2hp stealth pumps for circ, spa, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the responses. I did some more checking last night and measured the voltage from the panel to the controller. There was power from the panel but no power at the controller. I found the line was spliced before entrance to the house. I redid the splice and now it works.
    Inground 20k gallons plaster pool (2001) with Spa, Blue Haven 450 Cartridge Filter, Laars Lite 2 heater propane, Northstar 2hp pump, Dolphin Nautilus Robot Cleaner