Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to forum

1. Back To Top    #1

New to forum

Hi everybody!
    Just joined after seeing what a great resource TroubleFreePool is. My goal is to learn more about water chemistry to more efficiently maintain our spa.
    Last year we switched from a above ground pool to a Water's Edge Trio spa with dual recliners which gave me less to take care of and a lot more relaxation. Of course, I miss the SWG and the robust sand filter but my wife and I are getting a lot more use out of the spa here in Middle Tennessee.
    Congrats on a great forum!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to forum

Welcome!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

A spa makes winter a whole lot better! Here is how I maintain my hot tub. It's been working great for years. Some folks here add a Salton mini or other add on swg to their tubs.

How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the welcome all!

Pooldv, one of the first things I did was read your "How Do I Use Chlorine" article, great information thanks!

Following that method I have been able to eliminate high TA and pH bounce, keep CYA to a lower level and not have to throw in a ton of chlorine to keep a good FC level.
    I am now working out a reasonable weekly maintenance procedure using MPS shock.

Thanks again!