Putting pool water into hot tub

Jun 7, 2013
Millville, PA
So I am closing my pool this Friday and I intend to drain my hot tub and use my pool water to refill my hot tub. My pool water is crystal clear and balanced perfectly. I know that I will have to get my TA down using acid and aeration but other than that is there anything special I will need to know. I have been using BBB on my pool for years and this will be the first time doing this. I filled the hot tub this spring with the pool water but I had assistance from the person who helped me move and set up the tub. I am using a Technichlor drop over SWG in the tub. I think the only real concern I have is with putting all the bleach in the pool will my salt level be too high. I can't afford to fill the tub from the tap because I am on a well and things have been dry at my house in central PA. I would love to use Ahh-some to clean the tub thoroughly but again, I can't do multiple drains and refills. Any advice would be appreciated.

I think you are fine to do that. It doesn't seem likely that the salt will be too high. And still, a dilution will use a lot less water. Just be sure to fill the tub through the filter housing to avoid air lock if that is a thing with your tub.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.