Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer Wall is Bulging

1. Back To Top    #1

Skimmer Wall is Bulging

Hi everyone. I have been reading these forums since my pool was built six years ago. Thanks to all the good advice here, I have always had sparkling water and have never had any major problems...until now. I recently noticed that the interior wall of one of my skimmers is bulging and rust is developing in that spot. I suspect that it may be due to the cracking between my coping and deck. I have attached pictures to show what the problem is. Can anyone advise me on what I will need to do? I fear a major repair job in my future.

22,000 gallon, 34' X 24' freeform Pebble Tec pool and raised 7' spa with spillway, SWG, Jandy Stealth pump, natural gas heater, cartridge filter, Jandy LED colored pool lights, Jandy electronic water leveler, Polaris 280 pool cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Sacramento, CA

Re: Skimmer Wall is Bulging

Wow that's interesting. There are cracks all over the place. The installer didn't think this out too well.

Where are you located?

CAn we get a overall picture.

I've got some ideas but I need to see more.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Heliocol solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

Re: Skimmer Wall is Bulging

I think the concrete shifting/settling has caused that.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!