Hi, hope someone can help me...
I just bought a house with a pool so it is all very new to me. I have already bought a taylor test kit.
Here is the timeline of events:
Had a independant pool company come out 3 weeks ago and give me a tutorial. They also tested the water and said all was good. I have some Leslie's FRESH N CLEAN oxidizing shock bags (left behind by prior owners) so they told me to dump 3 bags of this shock on a weekly basis which i am doing.
2 weeks ago I also took a sample of water to leslie to get an official reading since i was getting used to the test kit. Here are their readings..
FAC = 0
TAC = 0
CYA = 90
TA = 110
PH = 7.4
They told me to buy power powder plus and dump two bags to shock it which i did. They also said it might be a good idea buy some stuff to raise the calcium hardness before closing the pool next week.
This week-- I used the Taylor test kit and tested it again and here are the readings..
Chlorine = 1-2
PH = 7.2
TA = 110
Calcium = 110
So two questions...
1. Should i buy the stuff to raise the calcium hardness?
2. SHould i buy the Power Plus or keep using the leftover bags to shock it?