Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to fix flange for Pentair IC40?

1. Back To Top    #1
    South-Central Pennsylvania

How to fix flange for Pentair IC40?

The black flange (glued to 2" pipe) of my Pentair IC40 has a crack in it. Of course, the PB configured without any space for a coupler, so I'm faced with replacing a bunch of stuff if I can't fix this.

Not sure if the black flange is ABS, PVC, or CPVC.

What glue can I use to attempt a fix?

At the moment, it is producing a drip about every 2 seconds.

Thanks for your help.
    2013 HotSpring Grandee with Ace Sanitizing System
    25K IG vinyl pool with Alps spillover spa and waterfall. Build Date: June 2013
    Triton II TR100 Sand Filter, Pentair Master Temp 400 natural gas pool heater, Intellichlor SWG, Rainbow Chlorine Feeder
    Pentair VF filter pump, WhisperFlo 2 hp WFE-8 waterfall pump, WhisperFloFX 2 hp spillover spa pump
    Intellibrite 5G (2 pool and 1 in spa) lights :: TFT-100 test kit, Taylor K-1776 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: How to fix flange for Pentair IC40?

I wish my 3-way valve only dripped ever 2 seconds ... I have a steady drip and almost a stream

I would guess the black fitting is CPVC, but an not sure. I doubt you can put any "glue" on the outside and have is last as a repair very long ... maybe if you use a universal solvent and then put a hose clamp around it to hold together?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Yes, that is CPVC, so would need to use CPVC glue, like Oatey orange. +1 on a drip every 2 seconds isn't really a leak.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4
    Longview, Texas

For such a small leak, I think JB Weld will fix it. You just have to get the right JB weld product for the application. Either JB "water weld" or JB "plastic weld" would likely do the job.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!