Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: hello fellow water chemists :)

1. Back To Top    #1

hello fellow water chemists :)

Just found the site and love it ! We recently remodeled our inground gunite/plaster pool, and I'm currently getting the water stabilized. I was trained in 2006 to be a CPO (certified pool operator), which is now titled AFO (aquatic facilities operator), and since my training/certification expired in 2009, I needed a little refresher, and this site seems to have all I need. I actually researched here a bit before going with the finish we did. So, just wanted to say thanks for the free resource, and I'll be sure and ask if I have any questions
    17,000gallon remodeled (2016) oblong pear shape
    tropical island gemstone finish
    gold/silver quartzite coping, roman slate stamped decking
    Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST
    Jandy CL 460

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: hello fellow water chemists :)

Hello and welcome to TFP! I'm sure your experience will come-in handy. Great to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: hello fellow water chemists :)

You might be interested in this thread since you have a former CPO background -

Certified Pool Operator (CPO) training -- What is not taught
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates