Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex ultra 24x52 or coleman 26x52

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex ultra 24x52 or coleman 26x52

The coleman for sure has the dual inlet buying new private sale. Intex I am not sure kmart not in Stock yet. What are pros and cons. And what would most people buy. This is my first pool. Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex ultra 24x52 or coleman 26x52

I went with intex because I thought parts would be easier to get. I think I saw some mention of the bestway fittings not being the same size as intex, and since I knew I wanted an intex SWG, I figured it would be easier to get support and find parts if I had all intex components . This was my first pool, and I wanted simple.
    1st time pool owner: 16x48 Intex Ultraframe, 5061 gallons, intex SWG, 1500 gph cartridge filter (635T) , Gorilla pad, SP1091LX Hayward skimmer, K2006 and K1766 test kits, high iron well water, Poolmate Metal out, 5 gallon bucket/polyfill filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for reply .I have high iron also. But mine has acid neutralizer . Did you have any issues treating it. I am leaning towards coleman cause I can get it cheap. Just want to figure out all the drawbacks.

4. Back To Top    #4

Once we knew it was iron and not algae, it was easy to fix. We built a 5 gallon bucket polyfill filter and had crystal clear water in a few days. It sounds weird, but it was amazing.
    1st time pool owner: 16x48 Intex Ultraframe, 5061 gallons, intex SWG, 1500 gph cartridge filter (635T) , Gorilla pad, SP1091LX Hayward skimmer, K2006 and K1766 test kits, high iron well water, Poolmate Metal out, 5 gallon bucket/polyfill filter